Fast forward your career with FREE Job Skills Training & Job Placement Assistance!
The FastForward Out-of-School Youth Program serves out-of-school youth ages 16 - 24 who reside in Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County, and the City of Franklin.
Get Certification training in one of these FastForward (WCG) programs and start your career in an In-Demand Occupation making top earnings:
- ✓ Class A CDL Truck Driver (a 4-week program)
- ✓ Class B CDL Truck Driver
- ✓ Fast Track Healthcare (This is a five-month program that includes the Clinical Medical Assistance certification, Phlebotomy certification, and EKG certification)
- ✓ Fast Track Welding (This is a four-week program that includes the American Welding Society certificate.)
- ✓ NCCER Industrial Maintenance – Electrical & Instrumentation certification (also includes Core and OSHA 10 certifications)
- ✓ IT certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ and/or Cyber Security
- ✓ Logistics (This program takes place at Camp's Regional Warehouse & Distribution Training Facility and includes the MSSC Certified Logistics Technician credential.)
- ✓ Medication Aide
- ✓ Phlebotomy Stand Alone
- ✓ Warehouse & Distribution Foundations (This program includes a Forklift certificate, Clamp Truck certificate, and Reach Truck certificate from JJ Keller, OSHA 10 Gen. Industry & CRC)
- ✓ Medication Aide
- ✓ Patient Care Technician
Additional Services: Career Exploration; Paid Work Experience; Tutoring; Leadership Development Activities; Financial Literacy; Workplace Readiness Skills; Job Development & Placement; Resume and Job Application Preparation; Interview Prep; and Understanding Labor Market Information.
*Must meet certain eligibility requirements to participate in the program.
The In-School Youth Program is a grant funded program through Camp Community College & Hampton Roads Workforce Council. The Camp Youth Development In-School Youth Program gives youth the rare opportunity to be coached, guided, encouraged, and supported to explore, create and reach their academic, college and career goals!! This program focuses on providing education, training, field-trips and college tours.
“Funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act through the Hampton Roads Workforce Council.”